Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Down And Out

"now that i'm grown, i've seen friendships fall to pieces
weekend warriors and our best friends the writers weren't
kidding but all good things must end then again some things
are far too good when you let go."- William Beckett


Not being biased or anything but I think this song's great haha.
A certain part of this song is about friendship and growing away.
I related to this song when there was the transition from high school summer
to college fall.
Now it hits me again, but this time I understand more.
Nothing lasts forever, unfortunately including the "good times"
They were fun, but they must end, don't you think that's what makes them
even better? Imagine having a "good time" for the rest of your life,
sure it would be great, but it would become boring. It loses that
passion, that excitement, the fact you know it won't last forever,
you cherish the moments that much more.
I do not get as sad when friends part for the summer or for a period of time.
Why? The good times happened at a certain place, but they can always be re lived
and be cherished again in our hearts and minds. Also, for those that are reading
and we are close, and have not spoken in awhile, I would like to say hello and
wish you the best, and i did not forget about our friendship. I know we do not
keep in touch as much, but that's alright. I understand we are both busy, productive
people. And I am glad you and I realize this and do not get bummed out we do not keep in contact as much. So keep doing your thing and I wish you the best of success

No comments:

Post a Comment